My favorite mag --- Cookbook Digest. Check it out, it's great!

COOKBOOK DIGEST

Saturday, March 22, 2008

Honey Lime Glazed Ham

This is a wonderful glaze that I adapted from a recipe my mother had (she used orange juice, but it was too sweet for me) and it's very simple and easy. I've got the recipe with a fully cooked boneless ham, but if you're cooking your own, just baste for the last 45 minutes of cooking time. It's great for Easter dinner; I cook this every year. Big favorite around my house, and it's stunningly simple, yet tastes great.

1 (8 pound) fully-cooked boneless ham
4 tablespoons fresh lime juice
1 cup honey
1/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
1/4 teaspoon ground cloves

In a small bowl combine lime juice, honey, cinnamon and cloves; mix well.

Place ham on rack in shallow roasting pan. Roast in a 325 degrees F. oven for 2 hours (15 minutes per pound), basting with the honey glaze during the last 45 minutes.
Quick, easy, and delicious.

Enjoy your holiday dinner!

Funny Chocolate Easter bunny t shirt

No comments: