I often make these pancakes with whatever fresh fruit is available. Peaches, strawberries, blueberries . . . I've even made them with blackberries. It's a great recipe, not too sweet, just sweet enough. We had pancakes at least once a week growing up, and I don't eat them that often now, but it's nice when I do. Quick, easy breakfast. Enjoy.
- 1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 3 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 tablespoon white sugar
- 1/4 cup any type fruit, chopped
- 1 1/4 cups milk
- 1 egg,beaten
- 3 tablespoons butter, melted
- In a large bowl, sift together the flour, baking powder, salt and sugar. Make a well in the center and pour in the milk, egg and melted butter; mix. Add fruit and mix lightly. The batter will have lumps in it; don't worry about them.
- Heat a lightly oiled griddle or frying pan over medium high heat. Pour or scoop the batter onto the griddle, using approximately 1/4 cup for each pancake.Pancakes are ready to flip over when bubbles form all over top of pancake and then burst.
- Top with fresh sliced fruit and enjoy.